The Cocci Family bought Tenuta La Borriana in the late 1980s, immediately working on land improvements, both on the agricultural part and renovating and reviving the farm.
The Estate is located in the territory of Carmignano, on the beautiful Tuscan hills about, in what was a part of the “Barco Reale” hunting reserve of the Medici family, Grand Dukes of Tuscany and is part, today, of the Strada dei Vini di Carmignano e dei sapori tipici pratesi as well as of the Consorzio di Tutela dei Vini di Carmignano.
From research in historical archives, the start-up of the estates that belonged to the estate dates back to the late 1500s early 1600s initially, along with the vineyards and olive groves, timber was obtained from the oak woods that was used to make barrels and for the hearth. From the cypress groves, lumber was obtained for fixtures, doorways and load-bearing beams for construction. On the estate there was, and still is, a small kiln for making terracotta bricks and small pottery for daily use. In 1716 Grand Duke Cosimo III dei Medici issued a proclamation that, for the wine of Carmignano (alongside Chianti, Pomino and Valdarno), established precise and strict production standards that in fact anticipated the contents of today’s DOC and DOCG wines of Tuscany that the same wine later won in 1975 and 1990.
To date, our farming activity consists of the production of a wide range of IGT, DOC and DOCG wines; honey and Tuscan extra-virgin olive oil, as well as the famous Dried Figs of Carmignano.
Organic wine certificate since 2015